Kim Gjerstad is one of four founders of MailPoet, an email newsletter plugin for WordPress. According to BuiltWith, MailPoet is installed on over 94K websites at the time of writing. Let’s learn how Kim and his team have used the freemium model to grow their business and the challenges they have faced along the way.
Kim is giving away 10 x Blogger licenses of MailPoet valued at $99 each! To enter, leave a comment under the video and tell Kim your favourite email newsletter solution and why - and it doesn't have to be MailPoet!
Kim has generously awarded all 10 of our commenting listeners (up to and including Nancy) a Blogger license of MailPoet valued at $99 each! Thanks Kim! (February 2015)
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
• refuse to accept CV’s for applicants
• weekly status updates from remote staff
• customers will pay to save time and headaches or make more money
Elevation Round Answers
Here are the answers to the questions in our Elevation round. Watch the interview to get the full scoop.
1. It’s a give and take relationship
2. Over deliver and then word of mouth
3. Select your own clients
4. Keep them short, readable and fun to read
5. Email inbox
6. Set expectations and regular communications
7. Use about.me to present yourself
8. Specialise and don’t try to do everything
You can reach out and thank Kim on his email [email protected].
Kim suggested I interview Ash Maurya author of Running Lean. Ash, keep your eyes on your inbox.
Hint: to enter the competition, leave a comment below and tell Kim your favourite email newsletter solution and why.