Dave Hecker is here to help us successfully outsource development work so we can grow. He has written the book on outsourcing and now runs a matchmaking service that he calls “the eHarmony of outsourcing”. Dave understands all too well what most outsourcing projects fail and offers some great advice to make sure we are amongst the few who succeed.
Watch the Video
Leave a comment under the video and tell us the number one frustration you have with outsourcing or the number one thing holding you back and you could win a free consulting session with Dave on Skype.
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
• WordPress is a gateway service
• We narrowed the scope and specialisation has been good for us
• Dave’s number-one piece of advice to any entrepreneur
Elevation Round Answers
Here are the answers to the questions in our Elevation round. Watch the interview to get the full scoop.
1. Don’t multitask and take breaks
2. Hire and fire lots of marketing consultants
3. Become a specialist – become the best at something
4. Write a proposal to attract the client – like a dating profile
6. The open face project approach
7. Make sure each project ends well
8. Do what others tell you you are good at
Dave Hecker suggested I interview Joe Pulizzi from the Content Marketing Institute. Joe, keep your eyes on your inbox.
Hint: to enter the competition, leave a comment below and tell us the number one challenge you’ve got with outsourcing or the number one thing holding you back from actually doing it.