Building a successful business is all about adding value to your customers, pricing that value accordingly and then optimising your processes internally so that you can deliver that value at a profit. Mason James from WP Valet has done this very well and tells us how in this episode of the WP Elevation podcast.
Watch the Video
I'm giving away a copy of 'The Dip' by Seth Godin. Simply tell us your biggest success or biggest challenge with value-based pricing - getting away from your hourly rate, and if this is important to you. Leave your comment below and we'll get Mason back in a few weeks to award the prize.
Congratulations Yael! Mason has chosen you as the podcast prize winner. (Sept '14)
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
- Mason’s tip for anyone starting a business: “You gotta try, right?”
- Our mutual love for Andrew Warner at Mixergy
- Discovering Apollo project management software (beware shiny object)
- How to get great partnerships with big vendors like WP Engine
Elevation Round Answers
Here are Mason’s answers to the questions in our Elevation round. Watch the interview to get the full scoop.
- Vendor relationships
- Don’t start
- Ask about the risks involved
- Spreadsheets and calendar reminders
- Good communication and setting expectations
- Reward them
Mason suggested I interview Vid Luther from Pressable. Vid, keep your eyes on your inbox.
Hint: to enter the competition, leave a comment below and tell Mason and my good self the biggest challenge or the biggest success you’ve had with value-based pricing.