In this episode, Natalie MacLees helps us get unstuck, overcome writer’s block and tells us why it’s important to give back to the community – not just the WordPress community but the community at large. Natalie also walks us through her experience of writing a book and having it published and why it’s a great positioning exercise.
Watch the Video
Win a copy of Natalie's book 'jQuery for Designers' or a copy of 'The Artist's Way' by Julia Cameron. Just tell us the number one thing you have done to overcome writer's block to help you publish more content.
Congratulations Antonella! Natalie has awarded you the podcast prize. Thanks for your contribution and keep Elevating! (August 2014)
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
- How to overcome writer’s block
- Why focussing on your target market is so important
- How to overcome the fear of missing out
- And…did I hear this correctly? Natalie says WordPress won’t be around forever.
Elevation Round Answers
Here are Natalie’s answers to the questions in our Elevation round. Watch the interview to get the full scoop.
- Your value
- Ask for referrals
- Highlight the problems you solve
- Outline what is NOT included
- Boomerang for Gmail (we love this too)
- Weekly meetings
- Focus on your target market
Natalie suggested I interview Paul Boag from Headscape and Andy Clarke from Stuff & Nonsense. Paul and Andy, keep your eyes on your inbox.
Hint: to enter the competition, leave a comment below and tell us the number one thing you have done to overcome writer’s block and help you publish more content. You could win a copy of “The Artist’s Way” by Julia Cameron or “jQuery for Designers” by Natalie MacLees