In this episode of the WP Elevation podcast Thomas Griffin, the man behind Soliloquy Slider and Optin Monster shares with us how important networking is, whether you are a consultant selling website services or a WordPress product company. The success of his WordPress plugins has largely been due to the fact that some of his earliest customers were well-connected influencers like Jared Atchison, Bill Erickson and Syed Balkhi. It was his network that also got him consulting work in the early days for companies such as Wendy’s and HBO.
Watch the Video
Thomas is giving away a Pro version of the Optin Monster plugin valued at $199. Just leave a comment under the video and tell us the number one feature you would like to see included in the next version of Optin Monster.
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
- Why building a network is crucial to your business
- Get out of the building and attend WordPress events
- The tools Thomas uses to manage his remote team
- Why everybody should read Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Hire people who are a good fit your business and then teach them the skills
- Build products that add value to your customers and then you can charge higher prices
Elevation Round Answers
Here are Thomas’s answers to the questions in our Elevation round. Watch the interview to get the full scoop.
- Time management
- Network and referrals
- Be Apple not Walmart (this is genius)
- Give the solution they want, not what you think they need
- Do good work and ask (for what?)
- Find a platform and own it (seriously this entire episode is worth it just for this one nugget)
Hint: to enter the competition, leave a comment below and tell us the number one feature you would like to see included in the next version of Optin Monster.
Tell us where to send your Prospectus
Now is the time to double down on growing your digital agency.
A Free Training Series For Web Designers and Digital Marketers
Learn how to get clients.
Deliver amazing projects.
Create recurring revenues.
Download our Proposal Template Package
Start winning better projects with bigger budgets now.