In this episode of the podcast our special guest is Lisa Sabin-Wilson from WebDev Studios. Lisa shares the key strategies that have helped her take the leap from freelancer to partner of one of the best WordPress agencies on the planet. Scared of speaking at events or the workload of writing a book? Check out this interview and learn how Lisa used these tactics to elevate herself.
Watch the Video
Win one of 3 WordPress for Dummies books by Lisa Sabin-Wilson. Tell us how you've achieved work-life balance and which book you'd like to win: WordPress for Dummies, WordPress Web Design for Dummies or WordPress All-in-One for Dummies.
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
- getting asked to speak at SXSW which led to a book deal
- how publishing a book impacted Lisa’s business
- how drinking lots of beer at WordCamps was the catalyst for her partnership with WebDev
- and just what is a designoveloper?
Elevation Round Answers
Here are Lisa’s answers to the questions in our Elevation round. Watch the interview to get the full scoop.
- communication tools
- go to events and write a book (put your phone call on your website)
- don’t care about the competition
- consistent communication
- make it easy to get in touch
- find a specialty
Lisa suggested I interview Justin Sternberg from WebDev Studios. Justin, keep your eyes on your inbox.
Hint: to enter the competition, leave a comment below and tell us how you’ve achieved work-life balance.
Tell us where to send your Prospectus
Now is the time to double down on growing your digital agency.
A Free Training Series For Web Designers and Digital Marketers
Learn how to get clients.
Deliver amazing projects.
Create recurring revenues.
Download our Proposal Template Package
Start winning better projects with bigger budgets now.