Vid Luther wants to solve the WordPress hosting problem and has been working at it since WordPress was B2. He started ZippyKid, raised some funding and has since rebranded as Pressable. Vid also revealed that he and his brother should have been in the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001 but overslept. I was not prepared for that.
Watch the Video
Vid is sponsoring three months of the starter plan at Promoter.io valued at $197. To enter, tell us your number one go to place for learning code best practices and why it's your favourite resource.
Bonus offer: Vid has kindly offered all our listeners an additional 30 days hosting on any plan with free migrations! Use the code: "wpelevation" here http://pressable.com/
Congratulations Jonathan Denwood! Vid has chosen you as the lucky winner of the competition! Thanks for your contribution and keep elevating! (December 2014)
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
• Vid and his brother overslept on September 11, 2001; otherwise they would have been in the World Trade Center
• “I’m an Indian and I love to haggle :)”
• “I almost sold the company twice this year”
• Why not every customer is right for you
Elevation Round Answers
Here are the answers to the questions in our Elevation round. Watch the interview to get the full scoop.
1. Saying no does not mean you will starve
2. Put up a website that says ‘sign up’
3. Education – and find the right customer
4. Focus on projects you love and your proposals will automatically get better
5. Telephone and email address
7. Ask them
8. Be different and listen to your customers
Bonus offer: Vid has kindly offered all our listeners an additional 30 days hosting on any plan with free migrations! Use the code: “wpelevation” at the checkout http://pressable.com/
Vid Luther suggested I interview Hugh Mcleod from Gaping Void. Hugh, keep your eyes on your inbox.
Hint: to enter the competition, leave a comment below and tell us your number one go to place for learning code best practices and why it is your favourite resource.
Tell us where to send your Prospectus
Now is the time to double down on growing your digital agency.
A Free Training Series For Web Designers and Digital Marketers
Learn how to get clients.
Deliver amazing projects.
Create recurring revenues.
Download our Proposal Template Package
Start winning better projects with bigger budgets now.